The Value of Intangible Benefits
[WLOs: 1, 2] [CLO: 4]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Read the weekly lecture.
- Read Chapter 9 of Shift Ahead: How the Best Companies Stay Relevant in a Fast-Changing World.
- Review the DargeanGrix Business Scenario
- Read the article: The Hidden Value in Your Intangible Assets (Links to an external site.).
- Review the following: 5 Powerful Ways to Confront Change in the Workplace (Links to an external site.), â€˜Nicenessâ€™ Can Hurt an Organization (Links to an external site.), 8 Ways to Manage Change in the Workplace Effectively (Links to an external site.), Intangible Benefits Can Play Key Role in Business Case (Links to an external site.), What Are the Tangible and Intangible Benefits of ERP System? (Links to an external site.), and What Are Intangible Benefits? (Links to an external site.)
In this assignment, you will construct a justification for the purchase or outsourcing of the technology you would recommend as the solution to the video communication problem described in your Week 3 What It Takes to Be a Champion of Change Video Presentation discussion. Conduct an internet search using the key-word phrase â€œvideo conferencing solutionsâ€ to identify a solution that might fit the companyâ€™s needs.
NOTE: The chosen technology is only a framework and isnâ€™t as important as your justifications using the intangibles you identified in your Week 2 What are Intangibles Worth? discussion, Current Intangible Business Costs assignment, and from reviewing the An Intangible Example
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Download An Intangible Exampledocument recommended resource.
Using the elements you identified in the DaregeanGrix scenario in Week 2 for justification,
- Build a table with approximate costs associated with each of the elements in the companyâ€™s current environment.
- Some of these should be actual (tangible) costs and some should be implied (intangible) costs (e.g., customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, efficiency, etc.).
- Weigh the tangible costs and the intangible improvements that the new technology will bring to the organization using a narrative format and contextual reasoning.
- Create a justification for the solution using the intangible elements the solution will provide.
- Explain how these elements have a significant impact on the organization, employees, and customers.
Remember that your goal is to be able to justify a possible investment using intangible benefits in a new technology in which there is little in the way of traditional return on investment (ROI) to lean on.
The Value of Intangible Benefits assignment
- Must be at least five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Centerâ€™s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.)resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least five credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Quick and Easy Library Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Centerâ€™s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)guide. (Links to an external site.)
- Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure you do not overuse direct quotes so that you can avoid losing points for this.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.