Identify methods and tools common to addressing economic challenges in the health care industry
- Crystal: I am thinking that medical and technological advances will have a greater effect on future cost of health care in the United States rather political and social changes. The world already relies on technology for everything. Look at today versus the early 1900’s. House phones and pagers to cell phones, dial-up internet to now broad band. Social networking sites like, facebook, linkedln, twitter and more many utilize for conversing, advertising, word of mouth, job search and more. That does not even include some if the latest technology in health care. Beginning with electronic health records, mHealth, telemedicine and teleheath, e-prescribing, to self-service kiosks. More of the latest technology is still yet to come with the 2015 microchip modeling clinical trials that aim to replace the use of animals in clinical trials to more accurately test the safety and efficacy of treatment for human patients and spare the lives of countless animals typically used in testing, and Google Glass that connects to your smart phone and allows for video and images. Soon the health care robots will be in all health care facilities. Technology is only getting more better as the years go by. Do you agree or disagree with Crystal? Why or why not? 150 words
- The emergence of new disease may be another area of concern. I would venture to say that in general, the cost of health care is not only what we see at face value, but also what goes on behind the scene. The impact will exponentially come from all sectors not only social, but also technologically, in both the private and public sector. Another area of great concern about the rise of health care is the baby boomer impact on health care in general and the social structure. Do you think this is a problem that will cause great change? 150 words
- Linda: The cost of health care is at an all time high and at the rate we are going there probably will not be any relief from the costs skyrocketing even further. As of 2012 the spending in health care had exceeded $2.6 trillion which equals about 18 percent of gross domestic product. Medical spending races past inflation and medical providers contribute to the rising costs just as much as we do as patients. The insurance companies would pay for each test or procedure including visits that a provider would bill for which has become an issue because of over billing, In this day and age as we age we are very unhealthy, and make unhealthy choices with the fast food that is available which in turn exposes us to weight gain, high blood pressure, and heart disease. We are also moving further along in technology and the more we learn the more we want which includes services for testing, and new drugs. However, at this point we do not have enough information to decide what is best for us and what we can do to keep the costs down which is what needs to be our focus if we plan to get control of the ever increasing costs.
Appleby, J. (2012). Seven Factors Driving Up Your Health Care Costs. PBS NEWHOUR.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Do you agree or disagree with Linda? Why or why not? 150 words
- Question 10 is attached already, see powerpoint- meaning the work is done; you don’t need to write anything. I only need you to just organize the PowerPoint for me. Edit, add or remove anything you think is missing or not supposed to be there. Format in APA style. Preparea Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you summarize health care reform material. Assume you are making a presentation to the board of directors concerning your investigation into the economic issue you submitted for your Health Care Reform Project assignments in Weeks Two and Three.
Have a minimum of 10 to 15 slides with extensive speaker notes, augmenting and expanding on the information presented in each slide. Include the following in your presentation:
- Describe the economic issue selected.
- Identify methods and tools common to addressing economic challenges in the health care industry.
- Discuss how the methods and tools identified relate to health care reform.
- Determine the most effective method(s) and tool(s) that could be used to resolve the economic issue selected.
- Identify various payment sources and mechanism used in the health care industry.
- Determine which payment source(s) and mechanism(s) are the most effective to resolve the economic issue selected.
- List the steps needed to implement your solution.