Visit the American Nurses Association site on healthcare policy athttp://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/HealthcareandPolicyIssues.aspx. What are the current policy issues addressed? How would you apply them to nursing leadership?
2. Explain how accountability, authority, and responsibility relate to delegation.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
3. Review the Five “Rs” (reengineering the health care organization, redesigning the workforce, re-regulating professional practice, rightsizing the workforce, and restructuring nursing education.)related to Change and Decision Making in Action Select one of the “Rs” and describe how you have been involved in change or will be involved in change either in your prelicensure program or after obtaining your license. Was this change a comfortable or uncomfortable time in your life? Explain.
4. Keep in mind that completing this TD is the key to assisting you with the Week 4 Assignment, My Leadership Development SMART Goal. Use the format below to develop a leadership SMART goal for YOURSELF, not your organization or department. The goal needs to be related to ONE of the Institute of Medicine’s (IOM) quality initiative, which includes the five core healthcare profession competencies. One of these competencies will serve as a framework for identification of your leadership goal.
The five core healthcare profession competencies outlined by the IOM are listed in Finkelman (2012) in Section II. You should review the appropriate chapter prior to posting.
These core competencies include the following.
- Managing Patient-Centered Care
- Working in interdisciplinary/interprofessional teams
- Employing evidence-based practice
- Applying quality improvement techniques
- Utilizing informatics
SMART Goal Format:
S—Specific (Who, besides YOU is involved in your goal, what is YOUR goal, and where will it take place?)
M—Measurable (How are YOU going to achieve the goal?)
A—Attainable (What resources and/or experts are available to assist YOU with attaining your goal?)
R—Realistic (Is YOUR goal something that is realistically obtainable by YOU in YOUR professional practice? Explain.)
T—Time bound (What specific dates or weeks will YOU accomplish each task related to YOUR leadership goal?)
5. Review the Article:
Kramer, M., Schmalenberg, C., Maguire, P., Brewer, B., Burke, R., Chmielewski, L., … Meeks-Sjostrom, D. (2009). Walk the talk: Promoting control of nursing practice and a patient-centered culture. Critical Care Nurse, 29(3), 77–93. http://proxy.devry.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com.proxy.devry.edu/login.aspx?direct=true&db=rzh&AN=2010305271&site=ehost-live
How do you OR your current (or previous) leader walk the talk as it relates to fostering an environment of patient-centered care?
6. Culture can influence how we perceive a situation. Alicia is a nurse leader for a unit where Masaya is working as an RN who recently graduated with a BSN from a university in The Philippines. After watching the scenario, describe how cultural differences have impacted the scenario. How could the leader intervene in this situation to assist Masaya to be successful in his new role? How could the leader intervene with the staff to be more accepting of diversity in co-workers?