Discuss the mental disorders that are commonly seen in today’s society.
Write a 2–3-page assessment in which you address the topics of addictions and mental heath disorders by responding to a series of questions.
Addiction is not a new issue in our society. The impact on the addicted person’s life and that of his or her family differs dependent on the nature of the addiction, social norms, and laws. For example drunk driving only became a concern once moving vehicles became the norm. When reviewing the nature of addiction, the types of addiction, and the level of addiction, you will find it is a most complicated issue.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Use information technology and tools to identify information in the domain of biological psychology.Discuss the physiological mechanisms that make people prone to addiction. Describe which mental disorders are commonly paired with some type of addiction.
- Competency 2: Employ critical and creative thinking to evaluate problems, conflicts, and unresolved issues in the study of biological psychology. Discuss addictions common in today’s society.
- Competency 4: Assess the important theories, paradigms, research findings, and conclusions in biological psychology. Discuss the mental disorders that are commonly seen in today’s society.
- Competency 5: Apply knowledge of theory and research in the study of biological psychology to inform personal behavior and values, understand social policy, and develop professional goals and plans. Describe the connection between addiction and mental disorders.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a psychology professional.
Use APA style and format. Context When dealing with addiction, the central hypothesis is that behavioral and cognition impairment caused by drug addiction may be due to the changes in the brain and the imbalance of neurotransmitters in the neuron. The physical change of the brain (usually referred to as neurodegeneration) makes some addictions lifelong. In addition, current scientific discoveries on the role of genes in addiction continues to further our understanding of heredity and environmental influences on learning and cognition behaviors. Show More Reward and Reinforcer Two key terms that demonstrate the mechanisms of drug addiction are reward and reinforcer . Reward refers to the positive effect an object or condition has on the user such as drugs, food,