ROLE OF LEARNING IN DRUG TOLERANCE
Ph m4 a2
Evaluation of a Weight Loss Program
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Many Americans believe that they are overweight, by a few pounds to a few hundred pounds. Because of this, weight loss systems are big business. For this assignment, you are to select a weight loss system and evaluate it in terms of the information about the physiology of ingestive behavior covered this module.
- Find a website, a brochure, a popular article, or an advertisement about weight control that proposes a mechanism for loss of excess weight.
- Document the key proposals in terms of the main claims for success of the program (e.g., restriction of fat and small portions).
- Describe the reasons provided for the effectiveness of the program (e.g., a full stomach reduces hunger).
- Discuss the physiological components involved in the weight loss program. Clearly express an understanding of the physiology of the process of hunger, satiation, eating, and drinking as relevant for the weight loss method being described (e.g., long periods between meals would be likely to reduce blood sugar levels).
- Present a critique of the materials based on the module information on eating and weight regulation.
- Evaluate the proposal and suggest whether you would try this weight loss system or recommend it to someone else. Explain why or why not.
For references use the course text book and Scholarly sources are preferred and use reputable web sources, look for .gov or .edu sites as opposed to .com sites.
Your paper should be double-spaced, in 12 point Times New Roman font, and with normal 1-inch margins; written in APA style; and free of typographical and grammatical errors. It should include a title page and a reference page. The body of the paper should be between 3 and 4 pages.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
|Documented the key proposals in terms of the main claims for success of the program.
|Discussed reasons provided for the effectiveness of the program.
|Discussed the physiological components involved in the weight loss program.
|Presented a critique of the materials based on information on eating and weight regulation.
|Evaluated the proposal and provided reasons as to whether you would try this weight loss system or recommend it to someone else.
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
REFRENCE This Course text book in the assignment many citations thank you
Pinel, J. P. (10/2010). Biopsychology, 8th Edition [VitalSource Bookshelf version]. Retrieved from http://online.vitalsource.com/books/9781269533744
12 Hunger, Eating, and Health Why Do Many People Eat Too Much?
12.1 Digestion, Energy Storage, and Energy Utilization
12.2 Theories of Hunger and Eating: Set Points versus Positive Incentives
12.3 Factors That Determine What, When, and How Much We Eat
12.4 Physiological Research on Hunger and Satiety
12.5 Body Weight Regulation: Set Points versus Settling Points
12.6 Human Obesity: Causes, Mechanisms, and Treatments
12.7 Anorexia and Bulimia Nervosa
Eating is a behavior that is of interest to virtually everyone. We all do it, and most of us derive great pleasure from it. But for many of us, it becomes a source of serious personal and health problems.