Critical Thinking Exercise – Manufacturing Beauty
This assignment involves the critical analysis of a case study. The case study subject is model Cindy Jackson,
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The TCOs that are associated with this assignment are:
- TCO 3 as it applies to psychological disorders and their effects on the self is a social world
- TCO 9 as it applies to interpersonal attraction
- TCO 13 as it applies to the role of the media
Explore Cindy Jackson’s official website at http://www.cindyjackson.com/
Critically analyze the contents of the complete website
Based on your findings answer the following four questions:
- What does your critical analysis of the website reveal to you about Cindy Jackson’s sense of her social self, her self-concept, her self-esteem and her self-presentation?
- How does the physical attractiveness stereotype of interpersonal attraction factor into your findings about Cindy Jackson?
- How does the mass media influence Cindy Jackson’s lifeworld?
- What do you perceive that the theme of “manufacturing beauty” means?
- Write an essay presenting your critical analysis in an orderly and persuasive manner
- Whenever you use a course concept, very briefly describe it with a reference to Myers
- Using subheadings, address each of the four required questions
- Remember to use APA citations and include a References Cited section
- To do a good job on this assignment requires between 900-1200 words
- Make sure your solution has your name at the top of the document
- Spell and grammar check your document
- Submit through the Week 6 dropbox by 11:59 PM MT on Sunday of Week 6
- 40 points -addressing each of the four required questions effectively
- 25 points – demonstrating critical thinking
- 10 points – editing
- 15 points – proper APA citationsDisscusion Questions:
Answer each question with at least 100 words with 1 scholarly reference.
Baase discusses freedom of speech and censorship in light of the modern digital landscape, especially given the dubious ways in which technology can sometimes be utilized. Superior expertise about how technologies work does not guarantee superior judgment about how they should be used, regulated, or governed. As technology becomes more sophisticated, how can citizens and political leaders judge and understand whether a given technology offers great perils or great promises? When great technological projects, such as venturing farther into the galaxy or developing new life-extending medicines, are proposed, how should government officials make decisions about how tax dollars should be spent?