After reading the Haeny (2014) article, provide a summary and analysis of the topic. Be sure to address the following in your main post:
- What are the ethical issues involved in psychologists taking a public stance on a controversial issue?
- What specific General Principles apply to this issue?
- How do the standards in Section 5 on advertising and other public statements relate to this issue?
- What are some steps that a psychologist should take prior to speaking publically on a controversial issue?
- In your opinion, is it better for a psychologist to avoid speaking publically on a controversial issue when the psychologist’s personal views do not align with the field’s general consensus on the topic? Provide your rationale.