For this Discussion Board, complete the following steps:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Watch the 17 minute TED Talk from one of the most well known and highly regarded scientists who study false memory, Elizabeth Loftus. The video can be accessed by clicking on the following link: https://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_loftus_the_fiction_of_memory (opens in a new window).
In your initial post, thoroughly discuss the following:
- Define “false memories”.
- Now, create a guide/handout to be distributed to judges and jurors who will be deciding cases based on an eyewitnesses testimony and memory. You should include the following in your guide:
- At least 3 ways memory can be contaminated.
- Ways in which memory can be improved.
- What should the judges and jurors be careful to do?
- Should law enforcement also be provided this guide/handout/training? Why or why not?
- Be sure to use your text and the resources provided and you must include references and citations for full credit.
Citing Sources: You must use APA style to reference your source(s) at the end of your submission. For this Discussion Board, you must include reference information for your textbook and the TED Talk video, as well as any other outside sources of information you use. Information on how to format reference information (including a reference generator) in APA style can be found on the Purdue Online Writing Lab website at https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html (opens in a new window).
Acceptable Length: 300-500 word initial post; 2
- Use 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font
- Use double line spacing in the document
- 1-inch margins all around