History and Evolution of Freudian Theory
Kindly avoid submitting plagiarized work
Understanding Freud’s ideas regarding the unconscious mind is foundational to developing a theoretic understanding of human behavior. However, for the doctoral learner to adequately explore the field of psychology, it is important to understand what motivated these Neo-Freudian theorists to propose alternative perspectives and how their differing ideas advanced the field of psychology. Building from the outline you submitted in Topic 2, you will further explore the history and evolution of Freudian theory and the rise of Neo-Freudian ideas.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Refer to the outline you submitted in Topic 2 and any related comments or feedback from your instructor.
· This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments..
· Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
· This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Using the outline from Topic 2 as a starting point along with instructor feedback from the outline submission, write a paper (1,500-1,750 words) in which you discuss the history and evolution of Freudian theory. Include the following in your paper:
1. A discussion of the history of and concepts originating in the first 10 years of Freudian theory. This is based on your first major heading and the related subtopics and details of your Topic 2 outline.
2. A discussion of the concept and history of Freudian psycho-sexual development. This is based on your second major heading and the related subtopics and details of your Topic 2 outline.
3. A discussion of the concept and development of Freud’s structural model.
4. A discussion of how Freudian theory aligns or contrasts with elements of culture and the Christian worldview.
5. A discussion of how the contrasts identified above highlighted problems with Freudian theory leading to the development of Neo-Freudian theories and a further evolution of the field of psychology.