For this assignment, you will pick 1 question from each of the specified chapters (3 total) answering each question with a minimum of 2 paragraphs that are 3–5 sentences.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Read Chapter 1 of the Straubhaar et al. text. Select 1 questions from the list below to answer:
1. How would you tell the story of the development of the information society to your parents?
2. Describe what convergence has meant in your life and how it affects you.
3. What will your future life in the information society be like?
4. Does the SMCR model adequately explain social media?
5. If you send a text message to your entire “friends circle,” is that mass communication? Explain.
6. Is social media a fundamentally new type of communication or not? Justify.
Read Chapter 2 from the Straubhaar et al. text. Select 1 question from the list below to answer:
1. How has the hegemony of ideas affected you personally?
2. List all the media you used today, and define the functions associated with each one.
3. What is your favorite medium, and how does it use your use of it to make money from you?
Read Chapter 8 of the Straubhaar et al. text. Select 1 question from the list below to answer:
1. What would be the most effective response by the film industry to keep it from being hurt by piracy in the way that the music industry has been?
2. Does violence in film need to be more tightly controlled? Justify your answer with examples from film history and from controversial films like the Saw series.
3. Do you think that the impact of special effects and other technology on films is positive? Do the new tools help or harm storytelling in film?
Submit Thinking Critically 1 by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 2.
Submit Thinking Critically 1 by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 1.