The IOM published report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health,” (https://www.nap.edu/read/12956/chapter/2) makes recommendations for lifelong learning and achieving higher levels of education.
In (1,000 min) – (1,250 max) words, examine the importance of nursing education and discuss your overall educational goals. Do not use “I” statements in this assignment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Include the following:
1. Discuss your options in the job market based on your educational level in your area. Support with citations. (E.g. holding diploma in nursing in state of California)
2. Review the IOM Future of Nursing Recommendations for achieving higher levels of education. Describe what professional certification and advanced degrees (MSN, DNP, etc.) you want to pursue and explain your reasons for wanting to attain the education. Discuss your timeline for accomplishing these goals. (E.g. want to Pursue DNP)
3. Discuss how increasing your level of education would affect how your competitiveness in the current job market and your role in the future of nursing. (E.g. currently pursuing BSN)
4. Discuss the relationship of continuing nursing education to competency, attitudes, knowledge, and the ANA Scope and Standards for Practice and Code of Ethics.
5. Discuss whether continuing nursing education should be mandatory. Provide support for your response.
You are required to cite to a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Please write a brief introduction to the topic and a thesis statement. A thesis statement always start with: The purpose of the paper is… or This paper aims at discussing the main points of your assignment. (1 paragraph approximately 150-200 words).
Please write a conclusion which is the summary of the main discussed in the paper (3 – 7 sentences). No citations should be noted in this section. Please use student APA 7th edition guidelines to write this paper.
1. Job Options Based on Educational Level: Options in the job market based on educational level are thoroughly discussed. All options listed are realistic for educational level. The response demonstrates an awareness of job options based on educational level.
2. Goals for Professional Education: Goals and timeline for professional certification and advanced degrees are thoroughly described. Clear and compelling reasons for wanting to attain the education are discussed.
3. Increase in Level of Education and Effect on Competitiveness in Job Market and in Role in the Future of Nursing: A well-developed discussion of how increasing level of education would affect competitiveness in current job market and personal role in the future of nursing is presented. The claims are substantiated and realistic for the current job market.
4. Relationship of Continuing Nursing Education to Competency, Attitudes, Knowledge, and ANA Scope and Standards for Practice and Code of Ethics: A well-supported discussion clearly establishing the relationship of continuing education in nursing to competency, attitudes, knowledge, and the ANA Scope and Standards for Practice and Code of Ethics is presented. The discussion demonstrates insight into the importance of education to the nursing profession.
5. Mandatory Continuing Education Nursing: A well-developed discussion of whether continuing nursing education should be mandatory is presented. Compelling rationale and evidence-based support for the argument is provided.
Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.