You are employed in the Population Health Division of the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. The Minister of Health has requested a
series of briefing papers that will guide her decisions in relation to recommended actions, including policy, funding and/or service delivery concerning
the identified health issues.
The areas where she is seeking information are:
• Violence against women
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You are to select one of these topics and prepare a Ministerial briefing paper on this topic. It should provide a clear analysis of the issue and propose a
range of evidence-based public health responses.
A structure for a Ministerial briefing paper is provided in the Assessment Tasks folder on DSO. Make sure that you read this and are familiar with the
structure and purpose of a Ministerial Briefing Paper.
MINISTERIAL BRIEFING PAPER (FOR A DECISION)
SUBJECT: The subject should not exceed two lines
The issue statement sets out what has happened, is happening or will happen to trigger the need for the memo. It should not exceed three or four lines.
• Provide information that will help the minister to understand the issue at hand and its context.
• Provide a succinct history and/or explanations that will help the minister to understand the nature of the issue or its context
• What is being proposed: what are the options available to the government?
• Why are you recommending these options?
• What are the pros & cons of each?
• Outline the evidence and implications of your recommended option(s) and any alternatives (give succinct analysis/arguments).