Please see attached. Work can not be plagarized, as the assignment will be turned into a site to check for plagarized work.
1. The fact that body weight has a heritability of 0.55 means that
a. 55 percent of the variation in weight among individuals can be attributed to environmental factors.
b. 55 percent of the variation in weight among individuals can be attributed to genetics.
c. 45 percent of the variation in weight among individuals can be attributed to environmental factors.
d. 45 percent of the variation in weight among individuals can be attributed to genetics.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2. Obesity has a heritability of 0.75, compared to 0.55 heritability for body weight in general. This difference most likely means that
a. genes may play a greater role in people who gain weight easily than in the general population.
b. genes play a lesser role in people who gain weight easily than in the general population.
c. environmental factors play a greater role in predisposing a person to become obese than do genetic factors.
d. about 75 different genes have variants associated with obesity.
3. According to body mass index,
a. Kizzy is overweight, Tawanda is obese, and Suzanne is a healthy weight.
b. Kizzy and Tawanda are obese and Suzanne is a healthy weight.
c. Kizzy is obese, Tawanda is overweight, and Suzanne is underweight.
d. Kizzy is of normal weight, Tawanda is overweight, and Suzanne is obese.
4. The cousinsâ initial view that body weight is controlled by variants of a single gene or the environment alone is incorrect because
a. genome-wide association studies have implicated at least 50 genome regions in containing genes that affect body weight.
b. many genes are known to affect weight.
c. it is obvious that diet and exercise affect body weight.
d. the heritability is not even close to 1.0
e. all the above
5. Kizzy has to go through several months of medical tests before weight loss surgery is approved. A young physician, proud of being up to date on genetics in medicine, considers the darkness of Kizzyâs skin, which is similar to that of her mother, Yvonee, and…