Multicultural conflict that could occur within your psychology specialization? power point form ?
At some point in your career, you will encounter a multicultural issue. It may be a conflict with a supervisor or a problem with one of your colleagues or clients. You may experience the use of hate speech in the professional work setting or feel marginalized because of one of your cultural identities. A conflict may involve an individual, an entire agency, or an institution.
In this assignment, you will:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Create a multicultural conflict that could occur within your psychology specialization. The details of this conflict may be drawn from real life or imagined, but the conflict must involve your actual cultural identities, which you analyzed in the Unit 1 assignment, Self-Reflection: Using the Hays ADDRESSING Model. This conflict will involve one or more people you could encounter in your work who have several points of cultural difference with you. An agency, business, or institution could also be part of the conflict.
- Analyze the multicultural issues that are present and consult scholarly literature to develop strategies or techniques that you can use to navigate the conflict. This assignment will help you think critically about uncomfortable situations that you may encounter in your career as a psychologist and prepare you to respond effectively in such situations.
Hays ADDRESSING Model Template
Takia owens 04-19-2020
COMPLETE ALL AREAS OF THIS TABLE FOR YOUR ASSIGNMENT
An example of a partially completed table is provided on the next page.
Cultural Group (according to the ADDRESSING model)
How You Identify
Implications for your work. Consider where you have privilege, and which groups might be easy or difficult to work with.
A. Age (and generational influences). Middle age (20s). I do not like work with teenage ages. I have work with them, but I do not like to. D. Disability (developmental). No developmental disability. But I do work with children/ adult with disability. It a good learn experience. I have working with children/ adult with disability for about 6 years. Also, my brother is diagnosed with ADHD. D. Disability (acquired). My eyes Over the years my eyesight has gotten worst. Then this year I found out why, I am prediabetes. R. Religion and spiritual identity. Christianity I do attend church but from time to time. Mother and father our both Christianity E. Ethnicity and racial identity. African American My father and mother and our African American descent. My father is Jamaican. I was born in United States. S. Socioeconomic status. Parents was lower-middle-class. We were poor. My mother had her GED education and my father was label as an immigration which he travels with the horses. As of now I am label as working-class, but I am middle class salary. S. Sexual orientation. Bisexual I am label as bisexual I like girls and boys. But my family did not accept this at one time but now they do. I was bisexual before I had a child. I. Indigenous heritage. I/’m not sure N. National origin. United states African American G. Gender. Females Single, African American woman, parent of 1 child.
After filling out the table above, review your entries. Then use the space below and respond to the following:
1. Based on your entries to the table above, evaluate three areas where you have privilege and three areas where you do not (this is also part of the first discussion in this course). Provide examples of each.
· Three areas where I have privilege is ages, I am in my middle 20s I still have time to learn and grown and to make a different in my community. Gender is a another privilege is because I’m female is hard to be a woman in American also I’m a African American woman but I think is more of a drive for me to do my best as a woman to show I can be on top. Socioeconomic status is another privilege I grown up being poor. I always told myself that I was going to do better than I was raise. I wanted my future children’s to have more than I ever had. I explain the three areas of my privilege but the three area I do worry about is Sexual orientation I do get worry about this because people start to judge you and do not want work with you. I do not want to make nobody uncomforted but when people ask, I do be honestly. Another one is Disability (acquired) as find out that my vison is blur because I have prediabetes is a big deal because usually African American are obesity and have diabetes. So now I am doing everything in my power to lost weight. As I put this one in privilege, I also put this in this area is being a female. As an African American female, we always being judge from our hair, and how we dress. No education and how we have broken households.
2. Evaluate how your own cultural identities or other factors may possibly influence you to have any biases in relation to others with different cultural identities.
· I think after I evaluate my own cultural identities, I do think I am biasing a little and I will have to work on that as a person. Put my biasing feeling away as a counselor. Also try to understand the different cultural identities. What might not mean something big in my cultural can mean something big to another cultural.
3. Analyze the implications your cultural identifications may have on your professional relationships.
· My cultural identity as an African American may influence my professional relationship with different types of clients. I will not try to undermine other cultural identity. I know notice when I do talk to my clients, they are mostly African American males because I do have a little more empathy for them but at the same time, I am hard on them. I try not to treat them no different. Sometime to opening my clients up with talking I must relate to them and some form of way, this is all a learning process for me.