TOPIC- Mental health illness in adults with substance abuse
The Assessment must include epidemiological methods including, but not limited to the following items:
- Descriptive information on the target population (e.g., age, gender, culture, ethnicity) and location (e.g., city, town, state).
- Identification through assessment means of the health issue/problem and how it has affected the target population (information on impact could come from mortality and morbidity reports, academic research, etc. Avoid using online sources such as WebMD. Government sources are fine, but the Ashford Library’s journal collection is the best means to discover data on health impact.)
- Risk factors as outlined by epidemiological means (risk factors include social and behavioral determinants within the community or among the population that contributes to or ameliorates this problem).
- Other demographic information outlined by epidemiological assessment measures.
- Explain how the two essential services that revolve around assessment are applied to this health problem: 1) Monitor Health and 2) Diagnose and Investigate. These two services ensure that a community’s health assessment is accurate.
Policy Development Actions
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Describe what has been done in general to address the issue (e.g. resources, facilities, organizations). Locate scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library to help you address what has already been done to address the issue.
- Describe what has been done specifically in the community/city/town/state your team is researching to address this issue (e.g., programs and interventions or the creation of organizations to address the issue).
- Existing Policies. Analyze the policies that currently exist to resolve the problem. For example: seatbelts were required by car manufacturers to reduce injuries and deaths from car accidents.
- Policy Development. Discuss new policies that should or could be developed to better address the issue. For example: some communities do not fluoridate their water systems and developing such a policy could help reduce dental caries.
- Identify Stakeholders and potential facilitators. Are there leaders and/or organizations within this community that can be identified and assist with the policy development? Who are they and why would you specifically select them?
- Explain how the three essential services that fall into the Policy Development category are applied to your health problem: 3) Inform, Educate and Empower; 4) Mobilize Community Partnerships; and 5) Develop Policies.