rite a ½ page journal entry that answers the following questions:
- How might achieving your goal (stated in the Week 1 My Journal) be impacted by one or more social determinants of health discussed this week? How can this determinant be addressed in order to help improve health behavior of an individual?
- What progress have you made toward achieving your health behavior goal?
- What, if any, challenges have you faced and how have you addressed those challenges?
- Article: Benn, H. (2009). The environmental determinants of health. Global Health Promotion March, 16(1, Supp), 42–43.
- Article: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (n.d.). The Social-Ecological Model: A Framework for Prevention. Retrieved fromhttp://www.cdc.gov/ViolencePrevention/overview/social-ecologicalmodel.html
- Article: Koh, H. (2011). The ultimate measures of health. Public Health Reports, 126(3), 14–15. Retrieved from http://www.publichealthreports.org/issueopen.cfm?articleID=2720
- Article: Murphy, S. L, Jiaquan, X., & Kochanek, M. A. (2012). Deaths: Preliminary Data for 2010. National Vital Statistics Report, 60(4), 5–10. Retrieved from:http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr60/nvsr60_04.pdf
- Article: Navarro, V. (2009). What we mean by social determinants of health. Global Health Promotion, 16(1), 5–16.
- Article: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (n.d.). Determinants of Health. Retrieved from http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/about/DOHAbout.aspx
- Article: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). Healthy People 2020 topics and objectives: Social determinants of health. Retrieved fromhttp://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/overview.aspx?topicid=39
- Article: Weyers, S., Dragano, N., Richter, M., & Bosma, H. (2010). How does socio economic position link to health behaviour? Sociological pathways and perspectives for health promotion. Global Health Promotion, 17(2), 25–33.
- Data Set: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): National Center for Health Statistics (2009). FastStats: Leading Causes of Death. Retrieved fromhttp://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lcod.htm
- Report: Commission on Social Determinants of Health. (2008). Closing the gap in a generation: Health equity through action on the social determinants of health[Final Report – Executive Summary] Geneva: World Health Organization. Retrieved from http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2008/WHO_IER_CSDH_08.1_eng.pdf
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now