1. Identify the distribution of national health spending by type of financing source.
2. Identify the distribution of health insurance coverage among the U.S. population.
3. Discuss the impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the difficulties that might be encountered by those mandated to participate.
4. Discuss the origin of employment-based health insurance.
5. Explain the difference between fully insured and self-insured health plans.
Claxton, G. (2008). How Private Health Care Coverage Works: A Primer. A Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation Report. Available at http://www.kff.org/insurance/upload/7766.pdf (Retrieved 11/21/2012)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Blumenthal D. (2006). Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance in the United States – Origins and Implications. New England Medical Journal, 355(1), 82-88. Retrieved from ProQuest on 11/21/2012.
RAND Corporation. (2010). US Health Care Today: Coverage. Available at http://www.randcompare.org/us-health-care-today/coverage#current-levels-of-coverage (Retrieved 11/21/2012)
Bodenheimer, T. (2005). High and Rising Health Care Costs. Part 1:
Seeking an Explanation. Annals of Internal Medicine, 142 (10), 847-854. Available at: http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=718406
Choudhry, N., Rosenthal, M. & Milstein, A. (2010). Assessing the Evidence for Value-Based Insurance Design. Health Affairs, 29 (11), 1988-1994. Retrieved from ProQuest on 11/21/2012.