Examine the direct and indirect impact on immediate- and long-term public health.
Using the readings for this module, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, respond to the following:
- Choosing one nation from the higher percentage and one from the lower percentage, identify a minimum of two of their environmental problems that can be linked to their mortality rates.
- Examine any similarities between their environmental problems and those in your neighborhood.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Support your statements with scholarly references and appropriate examples.
Write your initial response in a minimum of 350 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Recent environmental disasters have significantly impacted the human population in multiple ways. In this assignment, you will identify a recent environmental disaster and discuss potential correlated health impacts.
Begin this assignment by identifying one recent example of an environmental disaster. For example, the BP oil spill or the earthquakes in Haiti or Japan.
Using the readings for this module, the Argosy University online resources, and the Internet, write a research paper including the following:
- Provide a description of the environmental event/disaster you have identified. Include the following points:
- Consider if the event was caused by humans or natural.
- Examine the direct and indirect impact on immediate- and long-term public health.
- Identify data regarding mortality and/or morbidity outcomes, if available.
- Explain the geographical impact with respect to health. Also consider the number of lives lost, environmental damage, economic fallout, and long-term repercussions or impact.
- Examine the research on the likelihood of this event recurring.
- Identify and describe the immediate- and long-term emergency response plans and efforts to the disaster you have selected. Be sure to identify which groups, organizations, and/or governments led or are leading the response efforts and the various players who participated or are participating in this response.
- Examine the lessons learned from previous responses to similar disasters. List at least three recommendations for protecting public health from a recurrence and/or the aftermath of similar disasters in the future.