Need by 24 Apr 2016 by 2300hrs
An eco-map is a visual graphic that illustrates the systems in a person’s life that influence his or her behavior.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In this Assignment, you will be creating an ecomap based on Sandra Lambardino, whose story can be found attached to the original post. Read Sandra’s story, and create an ecomap based on the information provided showing Sandra as the micro (center circle).
Be sure to include all systems (influences) that affect Sandra. In addition to filling in the circles around Sandra with systems (influences), be sure to add two corresponding arrows pointing from the systems (influences) that signify the strength of the relationship (strong or weak) and the type of relationship (positive or stressful) between Sandra and each system. The goal of this basic ecomap is to illustrate how systems are affecting Sandra, however, in a more advanced ecomap, as seen in our text, you would want to display how the micro (Sandra for our map) is impacting the systems around them. If you want to show the reciprocal nature of the relationship between the influence and Sandra on your ecomap, you will show two more arrows pointing from Sandra to the system (influence) to illustrate how Sandra affects the system (influence).
Create your ecomap using the template attached to this post.
- In the “Comments” field, make sure to add at least the title of your paper.
- Click the “Add Attachments” button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
- To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.
- Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted Assignment.
You may use the following reference: Zastrow, Charles, Karen Kirst-Ashman. Brooks/Cole Empowerment Series: Understanding Human Behavior and the Social Environment. Cengage Learning, 02/2012. VitalSource Bookshelf Online.
HN144: Ecomap Template
Type the name of the client in the large circle.
Determine the systems/influence which affect the client’s behavior. Replace the “Type here” areas (use all 6 textboxes) with the systems/influences.
3. Click and drag the arrows to point from the systems/influence to Sandra to indicate type (stressful or positive) and strength (weak or strong) of the relationship. If the relationship is reciprocal use two more arrows pointing from Sandra to the systems/influence.
4. As you move the arrows around, feel free to delete the arrow key boxes and move the circles to fit your needs. If you need more circles, right click to select the object, click “Copy,” and then paste a new one. [Note: the “Type here” textbox should copy as well, but if you need a new textbox for the object, go to the “Insert” tab and click the Textbox icon. Select “Simple textbox.” Type the system/influence in the new textbox and move the textbox into place.]
5. If you need more arrows, simply right click to select an arrow, click “Copy,” and then paste a new one. Move the new arrow into place.
6. Delete any objects that are not going to be used.
7. Feel free to delete the instructions in this box and use the box to bullet point notes to further explain your arrows/influences and/or to offer more space for your ecomap. NOTE: Please use “Web Layout” view to ensure proper format in MS Word.
7. Save as .doc or .docx file and then submit to the Unit 8 Assignment DropBox.