Creating a Flowchart
Workflow analysis aims to determine workflow patterns that maximize the effective use of resources and minimize activities that do not add value. There are a variety of tools that can be used to analyze the workflow of processes and clarify potential avenues for eliminating waste. Flowcharts are a basic and commonly used workflow analysis method that can help highlight areas in need of streamlining.
In this Assignment, you select a common event that occurs regularly in your organization and create a flowchart representing the workflow. You analyze the process you have diagrammed and propose changes for improvement.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Identify a common, simple event that frequently occurs in your organization that you would like to evaluate.
- Consider how you would design a flowchart to represent the current workflow.
- Consider what metrics you would use to determine the effectiveness of the current workflow and identify areas of waste.
Write a 3- to 5-page paper which includes the following:
- Create a simple flowchart of the activity you selected. (Review the Sample Workflow of Answering a Telephone in an Office document found in this week’s Learning Resources for an example.)
- Next, in your paper:
- Explain the process you have diagrammed.
- For each step or decision point in the process, identify the following:
- Who does this step? (It can be several people.)
- What technology is used?
- What policies and rules are involved in determining how, when, why, or where the step is executed?
- What information is needed for the execution of this step?
- Describe the metric that is currently used to measure the soundness of the workflow. Is it effective?
- Describe any areas where improvements could occur and propose changes that could bring about these improvements in the workflow.
- Summarize why it is important to be aware of the flow of an activity.
- Remember to include a cover page, introduction, and summary for your paper.