Assignment 1: Discussion—Counterarguments
In M1: Assignment 2, you identified and explained the weakest or strongest argument in a set of articles. You identified the premises and conclusions, discussed whether or not an inference was warranted, and discussed matters of truth and consistency within the specified subject.
Review your work in M1: Assignment 2 where you analyzed the sets of articles assigned to you.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Using these articles, complete the following:
- Provide your position on the issue in the articles assigned to you.
- State and explain a key objection to your position on this issue.
- Despite the objection, develop a counterargument to defend your position. (This will likely be an “engulf-and-devour” argument.)
You may use the M1: Assignment 2 readings as sources for evidence and facts. Be sure to do the following:
- Use additional references to support your arguments and provide evidence as needed.
- Use key language and phrases suggested in your readings.
- Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Write your initial response in 200–300 words. Be sure to reply to at least two of your classmates using at least 75 words per response.
By Saturday, June 21, 2014, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, June 25, 2014, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Grading Criteria and Rubric
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria||
|Initial Discussion Response||
|Writing Craftsmanship and Ethical Scholarship||