Week 4 Discussion:
Chapter 11 of the course textbook covers cultural, cognitive, personality, and identity issues of the developmental stage of emerging adulthood, as does this week’s required article by Smith-Osborne (2007), which presents a historical perspective on two developmental theories, with a focus on resiliency theory.
In your initial post to this discussion, address each of the following items:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Identify and cite two peer-reviewed articles that analyze similar issues or cases relating to emerging adulthood from the perspectives of lifespan theory and resiliency theory, respectively.
- Briefly summarize the theses, methods, and results of each study, identifying the similarities and difference between the two approaches.
- Assess the relative strength and shortcomings of the resiliency theory approach vis a vis a lifespan theory approach with reference to specific cases or examples.
- Reflect on what the two studies reveal about the cognitive and personality issues of emerging adulthood discussed in your articles.
- Week 4 Journal:
For this journal assignment, reflect on the substance and theoretical foundation of what you have learned this week about psychosexual, moral, emotional, and personality development. Then write a reflective essay that addresses the following:
- Comment on how this week’s learning and materials compliment, oppose, and/or affect change in your positions and attitudes on the relevant subject matter.
- From this reflection, formulate and articulate three pieces of advice you would offer to a young client or acquaintance who is having difficulties facing these challenging stages and transitions.
- How will the recommendations you offered help to ensure successful development along these lines?