Watch the video, Mary Ainsworth: Attachment and the Growth of Love, about her research with the strange situation test. Use the Case Analysis Worksheet [DOCX] and your understanding of the case study to analyze assumptions and evidence presented in the video.
To fill out the worksheet, work your way through the table of analysis components, and include your responses in the rows next to the components. There are notes in the table to help you identify what is needed in each area. As you complete the worksheet, make sure your responses accomplish the following:
- Explain the main purpose for researching this phenomenon in the case and developing a theory in child development.
- Apply the presented point of view to the research findings.
- Identify the video’s position or point of view. Who, or what group, is represented?
- Describe the physical, social, or cognitive aspects of child development discovered.
- Highlight the primary arguments the author makes in regards to each category.
- Apply theories of child development to the case.
- Summarize and cite at least one other child development theory to apply.
- Compare and contrast your selected theory with the theory within the case to explain your rationale.
- Apply existing research findings to a suggested recreation of research.
- Imagine recreating this research. What would you change in order to obtain stronger results?
As you write your responses, be sure to:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a psychology professional.
- Use APA format and style.
Portfolio Prompt: You may choose to save this learning activity to your ePortfolio.
CASE STUDY ANALYSIS WORKSHEET BELOW
Case Study Analysis Worksheet
Use this worksheet and your understanding of the experiment to analyze assumptions and evidence in the video, Mary Ainsworth: Attachment and the Growth of Love, which covers the strange situation test.
To fill out the worksheet, work your way through the analysis components and include your responses in the boxes next to the components. There are notes in the margins to help you identify what is needed in each box. You will submit this worksheet in Assessment 1.
Name: [Delete this message and insert your name]
[Please write the reference for the video here, in APA format.]
The main purpose of this research: [State as accurately as possible the purpose of the research developing a theory in child development.]
The point of view: [Identify the position or point of view the video wants you to align with. Who, or what group, is represented?]
The arguments (main points) the video makes: [Describe physical, social, and cognitive aspects of child development discovered.]
What other theories seem to relate to this case study? [Summarize and cite at least one other theory to apply. Then compare and contrast it with the theory in the case to explain your rationale.]
Imagine recreating this research. What would you change in order to obtain stronger results?