Prejudice and stereotyping seem to be part of the human condition, and it is essential to examine how attitudes develop in order to change our behavior as individuals and as a society.
Search for research articles on theories and concepts related to prejudice, stereotypes, and groups. For your assessment, apply at least one theory or concept to each of the following:
- Examine how attitudes and behaviors of a group can contribute to prejudice and stereotyping.
- Analyze how the portrayal of ethnic, cultural, or social groups by the media can influence social perception of those groups and perpetuate stereotypes. Provide specific examples of how a group has been portrayed in the media.
- Explain how membership in a group can influence social judgment.
- Analyze how subtle stereotyping in everyday language and cognitive dissonance can affect the ability to bring about social change. Provide specific examples.
- Describe the types of ethical considerations researchers should consider before conducting research on the hotly debated topics of prejudice and stereotyping.
- What are the implications and likely consequences for society if prejudice and stereotyping are not reduced?
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines.
- Resources: Minimum of 3–4 scholarly or professional resources.
- Length: 4–5 double-spaced pages, in addition to the title page and reference page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now