Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resources on your own before you bid. Main references come from Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017) and/or American Psychological Association (2014). Assignments should adhere to graduate-level writing and be free from writing errors. Please follow the instructions to get full credit. I need this completed by 04/19/2020 at 6pm.
Assignment – Week 8
Top of Form
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Homonegativity, sometimes also referred to as homoprejudice, refers to negative biases, assumptions, beliefs, and behaviors toward individuals who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, or otherwise in same-sex relationships. Homonegativity may be internal (i.e., when a person directs it toward him- or herself as a result of negative feelings about his or her sexuality) or external (i.e., when it is displayed by others—either individuals or institutions). Furthermore, homonegativity may be either covert and subtle (e.g., passing over a qualified employee for a promotion or failing to demonstrate basic kindness) or it may be overt and direct (e.g., negative comments, bullying, and discriminatory policies).
There are at least four levels at which partners in same-sex couples may experience homonegativity. First, the individuals within the partnership may experience homonegativity. Second, partners may experience homonegativity within their relationship interactions and dynamics. Third, partners may face homonegativity from their extended family members. Finally, social norms, policies, and institutions may demonstrate homonegativity toward same-sex couples. In this week’s Assignment, you consider how same-sex couples may be influenced by homonegativity at each level and strategies that counselors might use to address homonegativity.
The Assignment (3- to 4-page paper):
· Explain how same-sex couples might be influenced by homonegativity on different levels: individually, in a relationship, within their families, and socially.
· Describe strategies a counselor might use to address homonegativity and support couples at one of the four levels.
· Explain why each strategy would be appropriate.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
· Article: American Counseling Association (ACA). (2014). ACA Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4
· Article: Altshuler, A. L., Ojanen-Goldsmith, A., Blumenthal, P. D., & Freedman, L. R. (2017). A good abortion experience: A qualitative exploration of women’s needs and preferences in clinical care. Social Science & Medicine, 191, 109–116. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Coast, E., Norris, A. H., Moore, A. M., & Freeman, E. (2018). Review article: Trajectories of women’s abortion-related care: A conceptual framework. Social Science & Medicine, 200, 199–210. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Edwards, A., & Seck, M. M. (2018). Ethnicity, Values, and Value Conflicts of African American and White Social Service Professionals. Journal of Social Work Values & Ethics, 15(2), 37–47. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Hoggart, L. (2015). Abortion Counselling in Britain: Understanding the Controversy. Sociology Compass, 9(5), 365–378. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.